The ASSA ABLOY Group ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is ASSA ABLOY Limited of [Portobello School Street, Willenhall, West Midlands, WW13 3PW].
What information do we collect?
Information you give to us:
We collect information from you when you register on the site, order products, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature. We may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Information we collect about you:
Each time you visit our site, information about you such as [technical information about your browser type and settings and your IP address, pages visited or products viewed, length of time on each page, page interaction information] is collected automatically.
Information we receive from other sources:
Finally, we may also receive information from other sources including other websites or online services controlled by ASSA ABLOY Group and third parties if you use any of the other websites we operate or the services we provide, for example, [business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies]. [We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information].
Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to our Cookies Policy ([INSERT LINK]) for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
Information you give to us:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- [to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;]
- to send you marketing e-mail communications if you have chosen to receive them;
- [to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form);]
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
- to allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests;
- to administer a survey or other site feature.
Information we collect about you:
- [to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;]
- [to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;]
- [to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;]
- [to administer a survey or other site feature;]
- [as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;]
- [to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;]
- [to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.]
[Information we receive from other sources:
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).]
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- website hosting partners who assist us in operating our website;
- [advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. [We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience];]
- [analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.]
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If the ASSA ABLOY Group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to comply with, enforce or apply our site policies or Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. [This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Where do we store your personal data?
[The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It will also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, [the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services]. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.]
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email@example.com].
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site such as to our [partner networks, advertisers and affiliates]. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of [£10] to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Policy Only
ASSA ABLOY Group of [Portobello School Street, Willenhall, West Midlands, WW13 3PW] is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998.
[You agree that we have the right to transfer, store and process the data that we collect from you at a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA").]
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to [email@example.com].